Our aim is to support pupils, schools and parents in their use of visuals to support children and young people in their learning and daily lives.
Free RWI Phonics lessons at home during school closures
From Tuesday 5th January 2021, we will restart our free Read Write Inc. Phonics lessons on YouTube for children to watch at home.
One lesson at each level will show at 9.30 am each day and be available for 24 hours.
- Set 1 Speed Sounds, Word Time and Spelling: for children in Reception and children who are new to English.
- Set 2 Speed Sounds and Spelling: for children in Year 1 and 2 (and those in Reception that can read Set 1 Speed Sounds.)
- Set 3 Speed Sounds and Spelling: for children in Year 1 and 2 that can read Set 2 Speed Sounds.
- Read longer words: for children who can read Set 3 sounds and words confidently.
- Read Red Words 1: for children who are reading Red, Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Year 1.
- Read Red Words 2: for children who are reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. Many children are able to read these in Y2.
- Read and Hold a Sentence 1: reading and writing practice for children reading Green, Purple, Pink and Orange Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing with Set 1 sounds confidently and learning Set 2 sounds.)
- Read and Hold a Sentence 2: reading and writing practice for children reading Yellow, Blue and Grey Read Write Inc. Storybooks. (For children reading and writing words with Set 2 sounds confidently and learning Set 3 sounds.)
A universal lifelong learning service in Dumfries & Galloway which supports independence, self-confidence, and essential skills for life & work.
Lots of resources to support home learning.
INFORMATION = KNOWLEDGE = POWER!”A lifeline for teenagers” “the atmosphere in the YES is legendary””you saved my life” “i got my dream job thanks to you lot”
Child Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) & ISSU 18 Young People’s Substance Service) are trying to limit the spread of COVID-19 by not seeing people in clinic’s.
We are open and are continuing to do our best to ensure that all children and young people get the care they need, by offering Virtual Appointments via: NHS Near Me and or Telephone Appointments.
If after speaking to you by NHS Near Me or on the telephone, we agree that you need to be seen face to face, we would then arrange this.
If a Parent/Carer or Professional’s have an Enquiry about a child/young person, please call CAMHS -Monday to Friday -10am-4pm on 01387 244662 to speak to a Clinician.
A Parent/Carer or a Young Person can make a Self Referral to CAMHS or ISSU 18, either by calling 01387 244662 or by sending an email to: email@example.com to get a Self Referral Form.
Within the NHS Dumfries & Galloway website, their is a section dedicated to Mental Health & Winter Wellbeing – you can access Self Care Information booklets aimed at young people and parent/carers, see the link below:
For other National Helplines and websites:
Free Young Minds Crisis Messenger 24/7 support across the UK – text YM or SHOUT to 85258
Young Minds Parents Helpline – Monday-Friday 9.30am-4pm on 0808 802 5544
Childline – 0800 1111 – https://www.childline.org.uk
Beat – Eating Disorder – Youth Line – 0808 801 0711- (Open 365 days, 4pm-10pm) – https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk
NHS 21 – Call – 111 – https://www.nhs24.scot See less
The Social is a new talent development project. We develop talent both in front and behind the camera and commission new content daily. A project for +18s by BBC Scotland.
Your child can win a £10/€10 National Book Token for each of their classmates
Encourage your children to create a fabulous National Book Token design and they could return to school with National Book Tokens for all! Whether it’s their school crest doodled in ink, a pencil drawing of the entire class, or something completely different, we’ll choose one child’s design to put on a National Book Tokens gift card every week for seven weeks.
The young designer and their classmates will each receive a £10/€10 National Book Token – emblazoned with the winning artwork – to inspire them to choose their next favourite book from their local bookshop.
Closing date 28th June
We are inviting children to take part in a survey about their thoughts and experiences of the coronavirus pandemic. We aim to raise awareness of children’s views and to help influence how we as a society move forward in the wake of the pandemic.
The survey invites children to answer some questions about their views and experiences of the coronavirus. There is also a creative task, whereby children are invited to create a picture to reflect “The Coronavirus and My Life”. The picture is an optional part of the survey and you can also choose to do it at a later time.